Load texture from .babylon

Uniform

Hello,

I'd like to know how to load a mesh produced with blender (textures and animations included) with a .babylon file. I am new to this and haven't found the information in the tuts. 

I have this but it is loading the 3d geometry only, no textures.

var rt = [];

BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh("", "", "raiten.babylon", scene, function (newMeshes){
    rt = newMeshes[0];
    rt.showBoundingBox = true;
    rt.scaling = new BABYLON.Vector3(0.4,0.5,0.4);
    rt.position = new BABYLON.Vector3(3,1.5,-4);
});

Thanks,

@gryff

and also have any errors in the console like failed to load texture? mostly a cross origin problem. you are running your file locally from the browser, you can set a switch in or browser it depends, something like : -allow-cross-orgin/load file from disk etc.

also

@Uniform : try checking the "inline "box outlined (below in the image) when you are exporting your .babylon file.

I have never tried it - as I'm always adjusting and tweaking my images. But it is supposed to "turn textures into encoded strings for inclusion in the source code"

On 2016-07-25 at 7:17 PM, Nabroski said:

add [at]gryff he knows everything about it (maybe)

@Nabroski

I would put the emphasis on the "maybe":lol:

cheers, gryff :)

:

inline1.png

But how do you load textures from the .babylon file?

How do you get it from with code? Do you need to load the texture separately or you can just use it if you export  the mesh with .babylon format?

Basically do we have any code fetching the texture from .babylon file containing the textured mesh?

Usually, when people report something like this, they forgot to add a UVmap.  You do not need to in-line.  That is for possibly reducing load time, and optional.  You should not have to do anything other than to make sure the texture file is is located where you say it is.  I do not use a .babylon very often & never ImportMesh.  Where is ""?  Shouldn't this be something like "./"?