Texture seam due to interpolation

mache

Hello,

I am applying texture using my own uv2. This is the texture applied on a sphere (normal map):

Screenshot from 2016-08-08 11-18-15.png

And this is the texture:

exempleSeam.png

So my problem is that on border of each parts there are seams due to the interpolation between one texel colored and another one at Color4(0,0,0,0). This is causing void then black till the right one value.

I could expand the border of one texel (dilatation) to fix that but this is increasing padding in my texture... 

So first I would like to know if there is another way to cancel this interpolation.

Thanks !

Hi thanks for your reply,

So I try all the sampling mode: the nearest one cancel the interpolation which is nice

nearestmode.png

I can't redo my unwrap because this is automatically generated by an algo...however in the example, the padding of my atlas can be reduce. The background is already transparent this is why seams are transparent.

Seams are due to uv2 which are round to the the texel transparent on the border and not the one coloured, so I think dilatation is the only way to fix it.

Thanks again :)