Large scene performance

Upsinn

Hi, i have a simple scene in fullhd resolution, but only a few parts of the screen has to be interactive so.... Is it better solution render whole scene with pixi in 60fps or divide screen to several canvases (interactive parts) and put it into one div with speicfic css position styles? Has DOM some performance advantage? How would you proceed? thx

If your background isnt moving, then yes, its better to use native "compositeLayers" solution, just use separate canvas for that, with CanvasRenderer, or may be just an image. Though I still dont know why, I just had bigger FPS on mobiles with that. PIXI has no special function that deal with that.

composition performance varies on different browsers and platforms. If you have multiple or moving background, keep it in pixi. If your background (or non-interactive area) is many pieces, you can render it to a render texture and render that only once in a sprite instead of the many parts.

Hope this helps.