Server Reconciliation With RigidBodies?

Raggar

As my little project is done using Babylon, I thought this would be the most fitting and active section. If not, mods may move the topic as they please.

I am unsure as to how it is possible to apply Server Reconciliation when using physics to drive the movement, as I am using Cannon.js.

The examples I've seen on SR are based on movement, by first applying the confirmed position, followed by applying all the unconfirmed input, and thereby smoothing the movement of a local player in a multiplayer setup.

I don't really see how this is possible, as by far as I know, Cannon won't be able to simulate ahead of time, and by using velocities/forces/impulses, there is bound to be time involved due to acceleration etc.

1) Is it possible, and has it been done using either Cannon.js, or other of the physics implementations?

2) Are there any other ways of dealing with the apparent jitter/lag? Prediction is good as Cannon is deterministic, but the updates still create a very laggy feel.

A good example is this:

http://www.gabrielgambetta.com/fpm_live.html

Turning on prediction, you'll get results identical to what I have now, but applying unconfirmed input after the confirmed server snapshot simply makes the movement seem slow and unresponsive.