Not A Question - Just My Problem

gryff

@aWeirdo, @JohnK, @DeltakoshThanks for encouraging me about my choice :)

So here is my first effort (and it seems very quick :) ):

gryff on GitHub

And click on the link to DNA mystery - a piece I created when a rubbish book on "Jack the Ripper" was published two years ago. Never shown on this forum.

@JohnK may know of the book.

cheers, gryff :)

Github is the way to go, get the git desktop manager, then its as simple as starting a new project, changing to the gh-pages thread before you do anything else.
Change the files in the folder to be your project then publish the project and you will have a page of it running in like 3 mins.   Keep in mind github is case sensitive on file names.

So now you know git too:).  I would recommend a both a lib sub-directory & using a CDN version of BJS before moving anything over.  Reserve using your own version of a bablyon.js file in lib for scene requiring an alpha - beta feature / bug fix.

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/babylonjs/2.4/babylon.min.js"></script>

or 

<script src="../lib/babylon.js"></script>

Note new Github Blogs are forced to be https, so you must use the one set up by @Vousk-prod.

BTW, are we going to get to see any blends published along with the scene?

@Pryme8 : I have the Desktop Manager installed - and will be experimenting - which could mean things might go wrong :lol:

@JCPalmer : I think " now you know git too " is perhaps a little exaggeration :o. More ... I'm learning - a little bit at a time.:lol:

Jeff, publishing the blends - interesting thought. First though, I want to fix a couple of links in the "Demos and Projects" forum. and pretty up the web  pages I create. Then who knows where it will lead.

The BJS scenes do seem to load faster than when the came from Dropbox. Or maybe it is my imagination :unsure:

And if anyone has more tips ir thoughts - always welcome

I now have 3 links added to my new GitHub webpage including the "Old House" and the "Cassini Terrestial Globe" which are the two examples I posted in the "Demos and Projects" section of the BJS forum. All now working directly from those old forum posts.

Now to do some HTML layout - this is going to have me trying to remember stuff I last used about 15 years ago :o