Exporting error from Blender

DoK_-

Hi everybody,

I'm in a training period of a study and i'm working on making a 3D animated avatar.

So i went for blender 2.78 , the Manuel Bastioni Lab and the 5.0.6 exporter.

The export was working fine with a freshly created model and when i want to export a finalised one with animations i have this error showing up

and the file is not created. All the other format export works tho.

I'm still discovering Blender so if you guys have any tips for that issue :).

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dok/.config/blender/2.78/scripts/addons/babylon-js/__init__.py", line 81, in execute
    exporter.execute(context, self.filepath)
  File "/home/dok/.config/blender/2.78/scripts/addons/babylon-js/json_exporter.py", line 99, in execute
    mesh = Mesh(object, scene, nextStartFace, forcedParent, nameID, self)
  File "/home/dok/.config/blender/2.78/scripts/addons/babylon-js/mesh.py", line 151, in __init__
    bakedMat = BakedMaterial(exporter, object, recipe)
  File "/home/dok/.config/blender/2.78/scripts/addons/babylon-js/material.py", line 426, in __init__
    bpy.ops.object.select_all(action='DESELECT')
  File "/home/dok/Downloads/blender-2.78-linux-glibc211-x86_64/2.78/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Operator bpy.ops.object.select_all.poll() failed, context is incorrect

Thanks!

I cannot read a RAR from Linux.  Think I know what this is, though.  Baking a material requires that the mesh be the only thing selected.  Armatures are processed first in the export process.  The armature is left in POSE mode.  This will cause the select operation to fail.

Do you have an armature in the scene?  If so, it is a one line fix to change to OBJECT mode that I have already done in the code base, but not put in the .BABYLON exporter.

DoK

I have very limited Babylon experience to date but I have exported numerous objects from Blender. I never know what all those error messages mean and I don't waste time trying to work it out. However, if you look at the log file that the exporter produces, the export stops when it encounters issues. If you look at the end of the log where the errors appear it will tell you which object/mesh caused them. It is usually something quite simple which you will easily spot as soon as you look at the mesh in Blender. In the export process, I have found the log file to be invaluable  - all thanks of course to Mr Palmer