Kindle Fire HD recognised as Desktop

LuckieLordie

Hi,

I've noticed that on the Kindle Fire HD if you use "this.game.device.desktop" boolean it recognises the device as a desktop.

I've made a quick fix on my version of Phaser by adding this 

if (/Android/.test(ua) || /Silk/.test(ua))

in the _CheckOS function in Device.

I'm not sure of the implications of having that there but it doesn't seem to impede my game any. 

Rich will probably be able to shed more light on it.

Thanks!

What's interesting is that desktop should only flag is true if it matches 'windows', mac OS or Linux in the UA - I'm guessing Linux must be being set somehow.

Yeah that was my reasoning when I looked at it.

"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; en-gb; KFJWI Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Silk/3.8"

There could be more to that but I don't know how I can get it off the device as text, atm I'm just printing it to the device through Debug text.

Looking at it I think "Silk" is the name of the browser being used on Kindle devices.

• 3 months later...

I don't own a kindle Fire, so I can't tell for sure, but I uploaded a game to FGL lately and they reported it was not upscaling on the Kindle Fire.

The game checks for game.device.desktop, and only scales to fit the screen in case it is NOT desktop.

So the only reason I can think of this failing, is that Phaser is recognizing Kindle as a desktop browser but then again, I don't have a Kindle Fire and can't make further tests on this issue.

It uses Phaser 2.0.1.