Transparency Sprite2D - Canvas2D

TheTrope

Hi !

When using two Sprite2D that overlap themselves (.png with transparency), the transparent pixels of the top one does not display the pixels of the second one.

It behaves like a mask. Even overlaping a sprite2D (fully transparent png) over a rectagle 2D will make the rectangle2D to not be rendered in this area.

Am i wrong or there is an issue ?

Ping @Nockawa

Thanks !

21 minutes ago, TheTrope said:

Hi !

When using two Sprite2D that overlap themselves (.png with transparency), the transparent pixels of the top one does not display the pixels of the second one.

It behaves like a mask. Even overlaping a sprite2D (fully transparent png) over a rectagle 2D will make the rectangle2D to not be rendered in this area.

Am i wrong or there is an issue ?

Ping @Nockawa

Thanks !

Have you set the texture.hasAlpha = true; to each texture involved in both sprites?

@Nockawa If i may ask another fast question :

I want to move a Sprite2D, but nothing appends if i do: mysprite.position.x += 100, it does not work (It seems to update the vector, but the sprite do not refresh to it's new position). So i need to do mysprite.position = new BABYLON.Vector2(mysprite.position.x + 100, mysprite.position.y) to get it work, what is wrong with the first method?

if you do ".position.x += 10" there won't be a way for me to know there were a value change in X, you have to rely on the ".x += 10" shortcut to do what you want.

It's in the doc:

/**
         * Position of the primitive, relative to its parent.
         * BEWARE: if you change only position.x or y it won't trigger a property change and you won't have the expected behavior.
         * Use this property to set a new Vector2 object, otherwise to change only the x/y use Prim2DBase.x or y properties.
         * Setting this property may have no effect is specific alignment are in effect.
         */