Javascript game engine that works seamlessly with React-Native

m77p

I have previous experience with Unity, but I don't like the fact that Unity compiles your game directly into APK (or IOS equivalent). It's because I want to modify the game to provide chat interface (and some other stuff) for multiplayer mode etc. So, I thot of doing it the other way - 'create an app and embed a multiplayer game within it'. Now, again this approach meant that I had to develop for android and ios seperately. But, then I came across React-Native library (mobile extension of popular React framework). Now, I have decided to create an app using React-Native (cross-platform), but now I am confused as to which game engine should I use and I think since React-Native is javascript, game engine needs to be in javascript for seamless integration. I am planning to use to embed the game in my react-native app. Can anyone suggest me any good javascript game engines that can be used along with react-native? I have done some research on Phaser and Pixi but they use WebGL for rendering and I read somewhere that doesn't have great support for WébGL or Canvas(Am I wrong?).

Any help is highly appreciated :)

• 3 months later...