Babylon Playground getUserMedia() Webcam

peraxel7

Hello, I noticed in the documentation that WebRTC and Webcam support was being added to Babylon 2.6.

So I made a simple example where createFromWebCam is applied to a shadermaterial. That would allow custom pixelshaders to filter the webcam stream which could be useful for blob/edge detection in Augmented Reality applications.

Everything works fine on localhost so I created a simple Playground for it. However on Chrome I get permission denied.

getUserMedia() no longer works on insecure origins. To use this feature, you should consider switching your application to a secure origin, such as HTTPS. See https://goo.gl/rStTGz for more details.

So I was wondering if there is something I should do differently, if the Playground needs to update to a HTTPS, or if this is only happening to me? I saved the playground

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#EETLE#0

which for me shows a black plane. (Ctrl + shift + I) to bring up console with warnings on Chrome.

@peraxel7 -

I wish I could take credit for capturing the web cam video, but I believe it was first @MasterSplinter who integrated this using HTML video, but am not 100% certain. Applying to a standard material was the simple part. It's now a feature we can all use in 2.5, and I've personally had great results in using to date as it is so very simple to integrate.

Cheers,

DB