[SOLVED] - BABYLON.TerrainMaterial Shader BUMP Support

MackeyK24

While trying to add additional support for my new SplatmapMaterial... I am using TerrainMaterial shader as a base/guide to make my modifies splatmap material...

have a question regarding bump map... if you look in the code normal is calculated ... BUT I CANT SEE WHERE IT IS ACTUALLY BEING USED ... Please look at this:

// Bump
#ifdef NORMAL
	vec3 normalW = normalize(vNormalW);
#else
	vec3 normalW = vec3(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
#endif

#ifdef DIFFUSE
	baseColor = texture2D(textureSampler, vTextureUV);

#if defined(BUMP) && defined(DIFFUSE)
	normalW = perturbNormal(viewDirectionW, baseColor.rgb);
#endif

now that calculates out normalW ... but after that NOWHERE is normalW being used... HOW IS BUMPING BE APPLIED ???

Attach is who vertex and fragment programs... Please tell me whats up with the BUMP feature from BABYLON.TerrainMaterial

terrain.vertex.fx

terrain.fragment.fx

@Deltakosh , @Sebavan , @davrous or @RaananW Please Help If Can :)

11 hours ago, Deltakosh said:

Thanks Delta... I eventually figured that out... I now use a modified PBRMaterial for my SplatmapMaterial... That way i can pick ALL the regular PBR material lighting...

It was actually easier than before... 

i just replace the: albedoColor = texture2d(albedoSampler) with the blended up splatmap textures... EASY PEASY... same thing for bumping... that way we DONT change anything from the par shaders EXCEPT of course adding the additional texture properties and blending up all those texture colors RIGHT where you would normally use texture2D(albedoSampler) and texture2D(bumpSampler)... So easy... and works beautiful, so far :)