New Gui in Babylon

Dad72

#7 - I had a bit of trouble with domImage too because new Image() has a naming collision, there is a (global?) alias for DomImage outside of the internal module declaration (var DOMImage = Image;).  When I moved the GUI code into my project I renamed Image class as ImageControl to avoid the conflict.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLImageElement/Image

2 minutes ago, brianzinn said:

#7 - I had a bit of trouble with domImage too because new Image() has a naming collision, there is a (global?) alias for DomImage outside of the internal module declaration (var DOMImage = Image;).  When I moved the GUI code into my project I renamed Image class as ImageControl to avoid the conflict.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/HTMLImageElement/Image

Use babylon gui's namespace - new BABYLON.GUI.Image(), there can't possibly be a conflict.

Actually, I do have an opinion about the class name, while we are on this topic.  I think choosing Image as the name of the class can lead to issues in the future.  If somebody does an ES6 import from babylon GUI like:
import { Image } from '/babylonjs/gui'
Then they will be unable to create an HtmlImageElement with the typical constructor new Image(height, width).  They would need to alias the import - ie: import { Image as GuiImage} from 'babylonjs/gui'.  So, I would have to say that I think that class name is maybe not the best choice.  Looks like it required also a global declaration, which could be clobbered.  I have it called ImageControl, so maybe not as good of a name.  It's always hard to name things...

• 4 weeks later...

Tell me please . I can not import BABYLON.GUI
Import * as BABYLON from 'babylonjs'; 
'Error'message:'Namespace' BABYLON 'has no exported member' GUI '

And when I started importing with help,

/// <Reference path = "../../../../ node_modules / babylonjs / dist / preview release / gui / babylon.gui.d.ts" />

I got an exception
  Error: Uncaught (in promise): ReferenceError: BABYLON is not defined