Zoom in/out with a orthographic camera

SideraX

Hi :)

I'm tying to build a 3D RPG with an isometric view (hobby project). So far i'm experimenting with the camera of the framework.

There is a way of zoom in or out with a orthographic camera ?

(I'm still lacking of 3D knowledge but i'm learning, BabylonJS is a great start for a newbie like me, good job :) )

Hi.

Changing the fov didn't change anything on my scene :/

After looking at BABYLON.Camera's code, it seems to be used only for the perspective mode.

Anyway I was just messing with the cameras, it was  mainly for learning. At the moment I will use the perspective mode with a 30° angle.

Hi ! Here is my code. Basically, the orthographic view is recomputed for each wheel movement. 

/** * Zoom / dezoom in 2D view * @param {int} direction The mouse scroll (120 = one tick on scroll) */zoom2DView = function(direction) {    var zoom = direction / 120;    topCamera.orthoLeft += zoom *1.4;    topCamera.orthoRight -= zoom *1.4;    topCamera.orthoBottom += zoom *0.9;    topCamera.orthoTop -= zoom *0.9;};

• 2 months later...

By the way, welcome to the forum and team, SideraX!  Your question and Temechon's information will help us improve our tutorial #5 - about babylon.js cameras.  Thanks!  (I work on 'the playpen series' tutorials quite often.  Now you do the same.)  ;)

Also, keep us posted on your project.  Start a thread about it... keep publishing experiments and previews, and telling us your plans and thoughts.  Even post links to basic and simple scenes, zips, adventures, mistakes, discoveries, 3D art.  We love it!  And again, welcome.  I'm Wingnut, newbie, mad scientist, toy abuser, and the biggest mouth on the forum.  Glad you are with us!

• 3 years later...