[Alpha] Dusk of D.A.W.N.

FjordGames

post-4280-0-66639900-1389705133_thumb.jp

Last weekend we have released the alpha 2.1 build of Dusk of D.A.W.N. to the public and so I would like to share our game with you as well. We have been working on it for some time now with the concept's inception on March 2013 and the actual coding process starting around May.

Dusk of D.A.W.N. is an online collectible card game, that breaks with many standards of the genre. Instead of presenting the ever same fantasy setting and reduced gameplay, It comes along in a fresh science fiction scenario with cyberpunk elements and more strategic depth than most other mobile CCGs.

As CEO of his own megacorporation the player creates a deck out of unique buildings, units, strategies and tactics, with each of them having a special place in the fight against other corporations. The player can engage in PvE matches or choose to compete with other players playing on their browser or tablet. Unlike physical card games, Dusk of D.A.W.N. offers additional player progression aside from the mere collecting of cards. Every player earns experience in battle which will help their corporation gain levels and unlock unique specialization opportunites for their decks 

On the technological side Dusk of D.A.W.N. is an HTML5 free browser game implemented by using a combination of node.js, mongodb and the createjs suite.

If you are interested, then check out the trailer below or give the game a spin on http://www.duskofdawn.com and please tell me what you think. If you consider it worthy: there is also an ongoing crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo which needs some sharing and contributing love. :-)

Thank you very much!

We released Alpha 3.0 this weekend and it featured 

- A dozen new usable cards

- Loot in matches

- The introduction of the leveling system (5 of 20 levels available right now)

- Many new animations

- Improved performance in matches.

Right now we are working on the PvP patch which will be Alpha 4.0 and this one will also include the missing 15 levels so once it hits, you will be able to level your corporation up to level 20 including all unlockable divisions in working condition.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I should give another update notice. We are now at version Alpha 5.2 which includes 

- PVP

- the full leveling experience to level 20

- SFX and music

- more cards

- improved match flow and performance

and much more...

The game is still publicly available for playtesting on http://www.duskofdawn.com

So if you are interested, please check it out and let me know what you think.