Testing safari on windows

Jammy

Hi guys,

So I have issues with my game in safari but I'm coding it on windows. I've tried the older versions of safari available on dodgy download sites but they're far too outdated. Is there any way I can test a safari browser on windows reliably? Looking for any options here, VM's in cloud, emulators, SDKS, anything  - or if you have a mac and can spare an hour or so that would also help. I can't afford to buy a mac.

Thanks, Adam.

It violates Apple's something-or-other to run OSX on anything other than Apple hardware, hence why cloud based solutions for building on OSX are generally pricier. This limits your chances of getting it running in a VM either.

You can try dual-booting, but I'm not sure you can purchase OSX, its free, but with a Mac purchase! Once you have a Mac its free to download. Of course, it isn't easy to boot OSX on a non-Apple created system and your system may very well not be compatible, even if it is its non-trivial to get it booting.

I think the general line on this is that safari usage is tiny and other browsers are always available to users on those systems (this is similar to supporting older versions of IE, thankfully) so it is usually not worth it. Of course, if your solution requires Safari support then you should shell out for a Mac.

*weeps a little bit* thanks for the reply @mattstyles - so without getting a mac I can only do it dodgy basically? I have noticed some similarities between iPad/iPhone problems and the safari desktop issues and have been using them so far to iron out bugs, how closely do you think the browsers are to each other? Mobile vs Desktop