TileSprite Bug or Noob Mistake?

Heppell08

So i was looking at parallax scrolling backdrops and want it in my game. I have 1 large backdrop image and it can be scrollable with edges meeting eachother to look seemless. When i load in the tilesprite i get a lovely message in console on chrome with this message:

Phaser v1.1.3 - Renderer: WebGL - Audio: WebAudio     phaser.min.js:577WebGL: drawElements: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering or is not 'texture complete'. Or the texture is Float or Half Float type with linear filtering while OES_float_linear or OES_half_float_linear extension is not enabled. phaser.min.js:3

Also that 77 in there keeps going up. Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...

something really seems not to work with the tilesprites. First, WebGL don't like png, always get errors here, with jpg not.

also when i change the y-coordinate doesn't make a difference: 

tilesprite = game.add.tileSprite(0, 500, 480, 256, 'bg_01');

and 

game.add.tileSprite(0, 300, 480, 256, 'bg_01'); for example gives me the same output...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm struggling with this too, although this being my first foray into anything Phaser-related it's probably something I'm doing...

I have this:

var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.AUTO, '', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update });function preload() {    game.load.image('ground', 'assets/Ground.jpg');}function create() {	bgGrd = game.add.tileSprite(0, 0, game.stage.bounds.width, 121, 'ground');}

and I just get a blank, black game area, no JS errors though. The tile is 121 x 121 - I didn't fully understand the comment about it having to have, "power-of-two dimensions" - maybe I misunderstood that bit?

Am I even close?!

Any help much appreciated,

Toby

Just to say that TileSprites are now properly handled in 1.2. You can place them anywhere, fix them to the camera, even get input events off them.

For the meantime though Toby - I would suggest trying a power of 2 texture, which means a texture where the dimensions are a power of two (i.e. 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, etc). There are some in the examples assets folder if you need.

For the meantime though Toby - I would suggest trying a power of 2 texture, which means a texture where the dimensions are a power of two (i.e. 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, etc). There are some in the examples assets folder if you need.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I still don't quite get what's meant by 'a power of 2 texture' though, am I being thick?!

Do you mean a square tile where the side lengths are 2^x, where x is any integer? I though it meant the side lengths were x^2 (x to the 'power of 2'), but your examples don't fit that rule.

Toby

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I still don't quite get what's meant by 'a power of 2 texture' though, am I being thick?!

Do you mean a square tile where the side lengths are 2^x, where x is any integer? I though it meant the side lengths were x^2 (x to the 'power of 2'), but your examples don't fit that rule.

Toby

Ok, I have it working, so thanks! It seems like any rectangle where side lengths are 2^x work.

@tobi1kenobi Don't think so much about a formula, just make your textures in a size he said (16 x 16, 32 x 32, 64 x 64, 128 x 128, 256 x 256 ...)

Both sides of the image have the same size. 

Oh, just saw this - I actually have it working for rectangles, not just squares. Thanks anyway though.