How does reset(); works?

ZRT

Hello everyone,

I'm having a trouble resetting my for loop, based on an example found here.

Here's my code:

This in my create() function.

obstaclesBottom = game.add.group();  for (var i = 0; i < 10; i++) {    h = obstaclesBottom.create(600 + Math.random() * 3500, 220 , 'obstacle');    h.events.onOutOfBounds.add(obstacleReset);    h.body.velocity.x = -200;  }

I have this, but doesn't reset, only 10 of those obstacles are appearing.

function obstacleReset(obstaclesBottom) {  h.reset(h.x, -10);}

I want to make those obstacles appear until the player sprite collide with them which I already did. Is there any other way to make that loop goes on (always randomize the position of the enemy obstacles/sprites) that may come in handy?

Thank you.

The canvas is 800x350. Nothing else is explicitly set. Tried setting h.reset(h.x, 600 + Math.random() * 3500); but still nothing. Only 9 'obstacles' are showing. I the second parameter is actually the x axis position, right? That's what I got from the example.

EDIT: It seems to work now, with this code. I just added Y position and velocity in the reset function. Not sure if it's the right way to do it, feels kinda laggy but still goes on until collision with player object. :)

function createObstacles() {  for (var i = 0; i < 5; i++) {    ob = obstaclesBottom.create(600 + Math.random() * 1500, 220 , 'obstacle');    ob.events.onOutOfBounds.add(obstaclesReset, this);    ob.body.velocity.x = -200;  }}function obstaclesReset(obstaclesBottom) {  ob.reset(600 + Math.random() * 1500, 220);  ob.body.velocity.x = -200;}

I tried separating the functions (also changed the names of some variables too), and I'm calling the createObstacle(); in function create(); but it still won't work as intended. I might be still spawning them somewhere out of bounds, I don't know.. :/

function obstacleCreate() {  for (var i = 0; i < 2; i++) {    ob = obstaclesBottom.create(600 + Math.random() * 3500, 220 , 'obstacle');    ob.events.onOutOfBounds.add(obstacleReset, this);    ob.body.velocity.x = -200;  }}function obstacleReset(obstaclesBottom) {  ob.reset(ob.x, game.world.randomX);}

Should I pass Y position in the reset? I only want one function to start over and go on in a loop.