VRTeleportationOptions

brianzinn

Just a question about floorMeshName.

export interface VRTeleportationOptions {
   floorMeshName?: string; // If you'd like to provide a mesh acting as the floor
   floorMeshes?: Mesh[];
}

I was expecting from that comment a different comparison than (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/blob/master/src/Cameras/VR/babylon.vrExperienceHelper.ts#L498)

if (this._floorMeshName && mesh.name === this._floorMeshName) {
  return true;
}

Otherwise if you set the floor mesh name to 'ground' and then had another mesh like 'ground-cover' or any mesh 'ground' as a substring would be teleportable.

If that's the case then assuming the mesh already exists you could do here (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/blob/master/src/Cameras/VR/babylon.vrExperienceHelper.ts#L511):

if (vrTeleportationOptions) {
  if (vrTeleportationOptions.floorMeshes && Array.isArray(vrTeleportationOptions.floorMeshes)) {
    this._floorMeshesCollection = vrTeleportationOptions.floorMeshes;
  }

if (vrTeleportationOptions.floorMeshName) {
    let floorMesh = this_scene.getMeshByName(vrTeleportationOptions.floorMeshName);
    if (floorMesh) {
      this.addFloorMesh(floorMesh); // assuming you added a method to add/remove meshes or this._floorMeshesCollection.push(floorMesh)
    }
  }
}

I like highlightLayer addMesh() and removeMesh().  Glad to see the floor mesh collection added, as I have a bunch of teleportable meshes!  I guess I'm just expecting it to work like HighlightLayer/ShadowGenerator to allow changed after enabling teleportation :) I'm happy to do a PR.  Looks incredible in Windows Mixed Reality.