PIXI + Howler + Webview

Led76

I am trying to load three sounds sprites into my app's Webview (needless to say this works well in Chrome/Firefox etc). The app is in PIXI.

var sound = new Howl({  
     src: ['sound.mp3'],
       sprite: {
       audio: [0,350],
       brush: [350, 16150],
       notep: [16500, 691]
      }
 });

I play the sounds like this:

sound.play('brush');

Instead of hearing the 3 sounds, the whole file is played once. Then if I play the first or the second sound I hear the whole sound file (all 3 sounds). The third one is played correctly after the whole file is played once. Does it have to do with Android's assets? I just use this code in Android Studio, nothing else:

WebSettings webSettings = webView.getSettings();
webSettings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
webView.loadUrl("file:///android_asset/index.html");

Anyway, is there any working code, any very simple example I may use for this task? I have lost 2 days for just playing with these three sounds. If there is any other workaround I would be happy to try...

Many thanks

Hi Ivan.Thanks for the reply. I have tried to use pixi-sound but still had no luck with Webview (all good in Chrome/Firefox). The problem is that I can only load one file, the  others are just ignored/not played at all.

Do you have any working example?

Regards

I know the issue is very common in Webview, especially in HTML5/JS mobile apps, and probably doesn't have to do with any of the sound libraries but I am sure there must be a way to solve it somehow. The one file limitation is very annoying. Has anyone developed a web app with >1 sound files using PIXI in Android's webview?

Hi @Led76

PixiSound also supports sound sprites, like Howler. You can see the example here: http://pixijs.io/pixi-sound/examples/sprites.html

With older Android Webview containers, you cannot multitrack audio. You can only have one audio file loaded at a time. If you're building an app, there are many options out there for embedding a Chrome Webview (with more modern features). For instance, if you're using Cordova to build your app, you can use CrossWalk to do this.