Some issues and one question

pstrejczek

Hi,

I'm having a lot of fun with Panda 2 working on a very simple breakout clone, just to learn the engine. I noticed two issues. I don't know if it is better to put them here or in Issues GitHub. 

1. Every time when I close Panda 2 editor, it asks me if I want to quit because all changes will be lost even if I saved all the files before.

2. When I try to add a new module, the code of the new module shows without syntax coloring. I don't see the new module in the modules list. When I try to save the new module Panda editor says: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'send' of undefined". The module file is created, but I cannot see it in the module list of the project. When I add the module to index.html by hand, everything works correctly.

I think I don't understand how SystemText works. I don't use any assets in my breakout game (just rectangles, circles etc.) and wanted to use some simple text for score etc. The SystemText constructor accepts the text string and also a font as a string. How can I set the font property? I tried to use '20px Arial' but this is not correct - does not change anything. Is there a way I can use some system font with custom size ?

P.S.
Great work with the Xbox remote. This engine is getting better and better :) 

Hi @pstrejczek

Thanks for your message.

52 minutes ago, pstrejczek said:

1. Every time when I close Panda 2 editor, it asks me if I want to quit because all changes will be lost even if I saved all the files before.

I just fixed this, will be updated in the next 1.2.0 version

52 minutes ago, pstrejczek said:

2. When I try to add a new module, the code of the new module shows without syntax coloring...

There seems to be definitely something broken in the adding new module. Will fix that asap! Thanks for the info.

53 minutes ago, pstrejczek said:

I think I don't understand how SystemText works...

Sorry SystemText was a bit undocumented. I just updated the docs and also uploaded another example in the Playground that should show you everything you need: https://www.panda2.io/playground#systemText-props