PIXIJSV5

botmaster

When can we expect pixijs V5? And how different from the current version will it be? I have an engine (I posted about this previously) that relies on pixijs 4.2 and adapting it to the current pixijs version is a lot of work so I don't want to do it if the version 5 is also gonna require the same adaptation work on my part. So if I adapt my engine to the current pixi version will I have to do it again for v 5?

As I remember, you have flash converter, right?

You can adapt it for 4.6 that I remember you wanted to do anyway. 

In v5 we might have a Stage and proper `added` and `removed` events like in flash: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/pull/4586 , also there might be changes in InteractionManager. I think that other major changes wont affect your project.

yeah it's a typescript framework that mimic flash framework so I can convert from flash easily and underneath all that it's pixijs, the current version is too different and everything breaks so now I have a few quiet days to take care of that but just want to make sure that will work with v5 as well. When is v5 coming? Can't I just wait for it maybe.

Thanks! Btw is there any easy way (I haven't found one) to catch any unforeseen display rendering error in pixi (like a global caalback or something)? I run tons of check (for canvas support) before I even get to my pixi based app (which also does its own checking) and yet still in some rare cases (got a few on Android) everything starts but soon the display gives up due to some webgl commands not implemented in that browser version.

• 4 weeks later...

Right now the issue is me having not enough time to fix a few bugs. Everyone else;s job is done :) 

Pluigins like pixi-particles, pixi-tilemap, and some others are not ready for it.

The only plugin that works with v5 at the moment is pixi-spine.

Also I confirm that v5 release wont be good for @botmaster and some other projects before it gets tested enough.