Visite of an artistic place in Paris

Thierry Mil

@Wingut

The fact that I use "a lot" of textures is nice but acquisition of texture is now fairly simple : camera or Smartphone.

I mean any standard person could do it.

Now the fact that the '3D-couple" meaning Hardwair+babylon can cope with such a volume of pixels just still amazed me !

You know these "tour of refregirator scene" was buildt 3 years ago for a PC targeting a java+java3D API player. It did work ... on my good computer. But I was at the limit of my PC. I could feel heat coming out of the ventilation !

Today the same scene, with the same texture amount, works well with todays middle range Smartphones... It just amazed me. 

Graphic card on Smarphone are so good now. And BabylonJs just runs ok with no heekup on those small hardware.

After all a Smartphone is 1/10 of the size of a Computer.

@ozRocker YEs I agree.

But an "indoor google map" (or let's say indoor Bing Map ... hello Microsoft :-)   ) has two sides :

1) The player.

Thanks to babylonJs and a bit of my javascript coding it's ... done [I am sweeting here]

2) The '3D' scanner.

To scann the geometry + textures of the rooms....

Not there yet.

The future is too scan rooms and generate the javascript to the Player.

But beliebe me, this is a VERY VERY VERY hard problem. I have been working on this too, since a long time. Some sucess. But boy is it hard.

Everything is in small details, but BIG problems.

And to complicate all, I only work on WE for the moments... you know to get founding in France, it is not like USA....

Yes, this looks like a hard problem.  I can't imagine how one would automate mapping the photos to polygons.

I work with 3D scanners and they do this by scanning everything, but the result is too big and filesize is massive.  Its not practical.  I think this method is more practical.  I hope you get funding for this project

For information I did correct a few glitches from the Internet sites and compatibility with Firefox and Edge on the 'Full-screen' mode.

Everything works 100% now.

So now The "tour of Paris Old-Fridge building" works also on a Smartphone on Firefox, Safari and Edge (and of course still on Chrome).

And of course it still works on any PC or Macintosh.

Thierry