Phaser 1.1.4 Released!

rich

yes, I know where I can download that files, but if you write:

line1 = new Phaser.Line(handle1.x, handle1.y, handle2.x, handle2.y);

and you will see the error "undefined is not a function", this is because you forgot to add the line 'src/geom/Line.js' to Gruntfile.js file.

Hi people, I am new at this, but I can see its all good. I am now learning and planning to develop games using this amazing framework. However I am facing an issue with getting started.

I have windows 7 with IIS running and when I try to run the examples I get following error "Unable to load examples.json data file". I tried it on all 3 browsers I have, Chrome, FireFox and IE10. The version of Phaser is 1.1.4 (Master)

Can anyone help me out?

Regards,

Hitin

Pretty sure that IIS can't serve json files by default - either work out how to get it to do so, or get WAMP Server instead (I use it on Windows 7 and love it. It's 100% free).

It's pretty straight forward to add the JSON MIME type to IIS:

• Open the properties for the server in IIS Manager and click MIME Types
  • Click "New". Enter "JSON" for the extension and "application/json" for the MIME type.

I've fixed the grunt file earlier today (new version is on github nw). You don't need to build from it though unless you've modified the core source, in which case you can modify the grunt file too ;)

thanks, I know, I use only phaser.js and phaser.min.js, but now that files don't contain Line class still, because you only update Gruntfile.js file. :)

Pretty sure that IIS can't serve json files by default - either work out how to get it to do so, or get WAMP Server instead (I use it on Windows 7 and love it. It's 100% free).

Hey Rich,

I figured that our some time after I posted, unfortunately I couldn't delete the post :P

All I had to do was to add a mime type in the IIS for the Phaser website and that's it! Working like a charm and thanks for the tutorials, they made my life easy!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited to start on a simple Phaser game once my current project is complete (currently using Flixel), is there a comparison table between the two? I know Phaser is essentially a fork of Flixel, but does it have more (or less) functionality at the moment?

Glad to see that this is still growing though, and has such a strong community presence.