HDRCubeTexture Issues

MackeyK24

Yo @Sebavan there are a couple of issues with the HDRCubeTexture.

First of all the reflections seems a little "Cloudy" compared to the Unity rendering of the same sphere. How do control the BRIGHTNESS and CLARITY of the reflection. I tried messing with environmentIntensity, cameraContrast and cameraExpose but I cant seem to get to look like the Unity Version...

And second... I guess MOST important... is the reflection that show up on the sphere are ROTATED 90 degrees... What SHOULD show as directly behind you are ROTATED.

Example Unity Shot With Reflection Probe On Sphere... Note the orientation of WHAT is being reflected behind you:

5abc3e43939cf_ScreenShot2018-03-28at3_09_28PM.thumb.png.8d141140c93a8d73359a12ddb99a3b6a.png

And using the HDRCubeTexture to in babylon:

5abc3e6d7fe1e_ScreenShot2018-03-28at3_09_12PM.thumb.png.16fdf8ae1650e21831afc9a72b39565c.png

Can you please take at look at these issues :)

Oh Yeah...

- Perfect HDR Reflections With Mip Mapping Support

- Perfect HDR TO LDR Six Sided Skybox With Tone Mapping Support

- Perfect HDR TO LDR Complete Lightmap Baking (Global Illumination) Support

*** Includes baking Unity Runtime Global Illumination. Consult Unity Documentation on the details of contributing Runtime Or Baking Lighting and which

effects Direct and Indirect  Lighting in the final Intensity Lightmap Image used as your Babylon texture Lightmap (As Shadow Map).

All these features are OUT-THE-BOX... I wrote to be AS NATIVE AS POSSIBLE... Nothing special needed, no extra documentation needed ... Other than you need to refer to Unity Documentation for lets say Lightmap Parameters for example to control the detail of the shadows or whatever.

The upcoming Docs for the toolkit will explain this :)

NOTE: THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE IN LIGHT INTENSITY FROM UNITY TO BABYLON. BUT YOU CAN SCALE YOUR BABYLON CONTENT TO COMPENSATE

Original Unity Editor Shot :

5abf08bd8690a_ScreenShot2018-03-30at5_38_34PM.thumb.png.ce014efa6f1e6f2f3d930102e6e1b7e8.png

Babylon Toolkit Scene:

5abf08d9dc555_ScreenShot2018-03-30at5_38_19PM.thumb.png.0f0f366a5fe93fb50b1a7a7d37bd4c8a.png

You can Tweak the PBR Camera Contrast, Exposure Etc... On the Sphere Reflections As Well :)

But The Rotation In The Reflections Is Now Perfect :)