[SOLVED] Changing Camera Leads to Odd Camera Movement

xeroxM

Hey Guys,

first of all, I want to thank you for your great work in this forum, you really saved me a lot of time wanting to flip tables :P

But now i found something, what is driving me nuts for already two weeks.

So I am trying to develop a viewer for 3D objects which has, broken down on the most important things, two cameras which you can change. Those cameras happen to be the ArcRotateCam and the UniversalCam.

What I want to happen is, that if the user clicks a button the camera changes (this already works fine), I also want both cameras to have a default position where they "start" (which they already have) and I want the camera to always be at the right position with the right angle (the default position/angle i set with initalizing them) when the user changes to the selected cam (this is where something odd is happening).

So let's take this case:

- User uses ArcRotate Cam, moves the camera and wants to change to Universal Cam.
- User clicks the button and changes to Universal Cam -> Universal Cam is set to default position and default angle as its supposed to be.
- User moves Universal Cam
- User wants to change to ArcRotate Cam again and clicks button -> result: camera is not in default mode but there is some odd camera movement going on and camera is somewhere else.
- If the user now moves the ArcRotate Cam again and changes to the Universal Cam, the camera moves away from the target, instead of being directly on it.

I hope I described my problem properly and I really hope you got some answers. I broke the problem down in a Playground for you:
http://playground.babylonjs.com/#P5PWBB

There may be something missing cause I really broke the camera module down on the most important things. So if something is not clear, let me know!

All the best!
xeroxM