Animation State Machine Progress

MackeyK24

Hi Guys... Here is a quick video to show the progress of my animation state machine for the the Babylon Toolkit. Basically i need help in calculating 2D blend tree child position weights.

Please watch the video: Animation State Progress

Listed are the signatures of the three computation functions i need help with. 

Yo @Sebavan and @Deltakosh and @davrous ... Please Watch this video and see if you can help with the three calculations... PLEASE :)

private computeSimpleDirectionalWeight(parentTree:BABYLON.IBlendTree, inputPosition:BABYLON.Vector2, childPosition:BABYLON.Vector2):number {
    var weight:number = 0;
    var inputDistance:number = inputPosition.subtract(childPosition).lengthSquared();
    // var inputAngle:number = BABYLON.Vector2.Angle(inputPosition, childPosition);
    // cosinus similarity from -1f to -1f shifted to 0 to 1f( same angle cosinus similarity=0f and max opposite direction -1f)
    // 1/d1+1/d2+1/d3...
    // ..
    // var inputAngle:number = (BABYLON.Scalar.Clamp(BABYLON.Vector2.Dot(inputPosition.normalize(), childPosition.normalize()), -1, 1)-1) * (-0.5);
    // ..
    // TODO: Calculate Weight based on input distance and angle - ???            
    // ..
    return weight;
}
private computeFreeformDirectionalWeight(parentTree:BABYLON.IBlendTree, inputPosition:BABYLON.Vector2, childPosition:BABYLON.Vector2):number {
    var inputDistance:number = inputPosition.subtract(childPosition).lengthSquared();
    // cosinus similarity from -1f to -1f shifted to 0 to 1f( same angle cosinus similarity=0f and max opposite direction -1f)
    // 1/d1+1/d2+1/d3...
    // ..
    // var inputAngle:number = (BABYLON.Scalar.Clamp(BABYLON.Vector2.Dot(inputPosition.normalize(), childPosition.normalize()), -1, 1)-1) * (-0.5);
    // ..
    // ..
    return weight;
}
private computeFreeformCartesianWeight(parentTree:BABYLON.IBlendTree, inputPosition:BABYLON.Vector2, childPosition:BABYLON.Vector2):number {
    // 1/d1+1/d2+1/d3...
    // ..
    // ..
    // ..
    return weight;
}

Thanks soo much :)

Yo... There is gotta be someone, one of you BabylonJS / Unity big dogs that gotta see where i am trying to go with the Animation State. All i need to know is how to calculate the input weight for each 2D Blend Tree Child Position (Vector2) based on the the current X and Y input parameter (Vector2). Thats all i need to re-create the a Unity-Like Mechanim Animation State machine for use in our BabylonJS game projects. Just a little help from the big dogs and we can get it out for everyone to use :)

Help a brotha out community, remember its for community toolkit use :)

Hi Mackey, I watched the video, and I tried some things, but to no avail... but then I found this:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1206428/how-weights-of-2d-blending-are-calculated.html

Seems like the answer is somewhere in there, now you just gotta make sense of it ? I wish I could be of more help, because it's a really nice project you are working on! Keep it up! ?

Yeah i found the same article. That is how i am trying to calculate the inputAngle... But the C# code listed in the example does not seem to work.

And those guys at Unity have that calculation code NESTED down in the C++ layer and cant see what they doing to calculate those input weights...

That just sucks :(