Teleportation not working

Jose Vicente

Hi.

I'm trying Babylon VR using an HTC Vive Pro but I'm having problems with teleportation.

First of all, teleportation is working find in babylon examples, like this one : https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#JA1ND3#15  but is not working on my real scenario.

In my scenario, I generate dynamically a scene on the server, then this scene is loaded using Babylon.Serializer and then, upon user interaction, some meshes are added on the client, for instance a floor, which I try to use as teleportation mesh.

However, for some reason, this floor mesh seems invalid for teleportation, and I don't know why. This problem can be reproduced here  : https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#JA1ND3#79

I'm able to rotate the scene using the controllers, but the rays never seem to intersect with the floor.

Some ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

hHello,

Your dimensions are far too big. In VR, 1 is supposed to represent 1 meter. Your camera is set way too high (300). Changing it to 2 for instance will let you see the teleportation target.

The ray we're sending to do the hit testing has a maximum distance of 100. That's why, you can't touch the floor from Y=300.

Generally, you will have to scale your scene to fit the VR world. 

David