Slow rendering when images are added

lucy

Hi,

I need to be able to frequently add and remove objects with around 2000 on the screen at any given time. I tried doing this by both blitter.create() and game.physics.add.image(). In both cases, I am able to add 2000 images. For Blitter, the frame rate is around 30 fps with 2000 images, and for regular it's closer to 20. When the images are added all at once, it takes about 15-30 seconds to load. If I add an image every 100ms, the frame rate goes down to around 5 fps. Another version in Phaser 2 didn't have this problem. Do you know what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!!

On 7/6/2018 at 11:16 PM, samme said:

It works well. The issue isn't when there are many images, but when there are many but they are also being added frequently.

12 hours ago, rich said:

How large are the images? How large is the canvas? What devices are you testing on? etc etc etc.

The canvas is 600x800px, the images are 64px squared. The device I am testing on is Linux with Chrome web browser.

10 hours ago, HugoMM said:

seems blitters doesn't has depth control?

What does this mean?

1 hour ago, lucy said:

It works well. The issue isn't when there are many images, but when there are many but they are also being added frequently.

If you hold down the mouse button, that example will add more than a thousand objects per second.