Clone Custom Material

DylanD

Maybe just make a support function that you can pass the custom fragments to in a constructor and then have it “rebuild” the custom material when you need to clone it. 

And have the function bind the custom parts set with the constructor after it gets initialized.

On 8/10/2018 at 4:45 PM, Pryme8 said:

Maybe just make a support function that you can pass the custom fragments to in a constructor and then have it “rebuild” the custom material when you need to clone it. 

And have the function bind the custom parts set with the constructor after it gets initialized.

This is a good idea.  But the material I need was actually just the diffuseTexture (mine specifically uses a texture from a server, so less load time I think) of that custom material so I had done clone just because I know it is slightly better to clone than to make a whole new one, so I just ended up cloning before editing the .Fragment_Before_FragColor which lets it work.