Just Starting With Babylon.Js

gryff

Hi to all. I'm using the Babylon framework. Started using it 2 days ago.

I started out trying HTML5/WebGL about two weeks ago with Three.js - then I found the Train example using babylon - very impressed.

The reason I started looking at WebGL is because I gather that Chrome at least will be abandoning the "plugin" technology. I spent many years using VRML, which uses a plugins for web browsers, then moved to the Unity game engine, also a plugin for display on webpages.  The rumours have it that Unity will develop a method for displaying Unity generated content on web pages using WebGL - so I thought it best if I started to investigate HTML5/WebGL.

I built a 3D scene yesterday in Blender - just a ground floor of a small house - and the exporter seems to work fine in the sandbox,  though my first task seems to be  getting  my head around gravity and collision.

I'm sure I will have lots of questions, so I hope this forum will be helpful. Funny, yesterday took me back 15 years - it felt just like my early days with VRML ;-)

cheers, gryff :)