Hello, I'm a new member

tihoho

I want to get to know the community. My name is Alexander, and I am 30 years old. I am a web developer. Initially, I started programming for the sake of games, but I did not notice how I was carried away in the usual development of websites and other web projects. Now I realized that I was losing something. I want to play games again. When I was just starting my way - I started it with ActionScript 2.

Much time has passed since (2004). And now I would like to resume my path of game development with Phaser 3. I hope for your support and patience of my stupid questions. And sorry for my bad english, i will use google translator.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 12:00 PM, tihoho said:

I want to get to know the community. My name is Alexander, and I am 30 years old. I am a web developer. Initially, I started programming for the sake of games, but I did not notice how I was carried away in the usual development of websites and other web projects. Now I realized that I was losing something. I want to play games again. When I was just starting my way - I started it with ActionScript 2.

Much time has passed since (2004). And now I would like to resume my path of game development with Phaser 3. I hope for your support and patience of my stupid questions. And sorry for my bad english, i will use google translator.

Nice to meet you, Alexander. Another new member here (it's me, obviously). 

Same story here. Games brought me into this industry first but then a lot of things happened and I turned away from this path. Now it's time to work towards my dream again. I hope that, with the help of this community, I'll be able to create own game some time in the future :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Alex, your questions couldn't be any stupid than mine.  i am learning 2d gaming myself, I need to build a bigger computer, I was wondering if anyone here might have some specs for hardware.  I know it's not programming related, but later I am gonna need more power as I build bigger games.  thanks a bunch!

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 11:45 AM, JohnstonT said:

Hey Alex, your questions couldn't be any stupid than mine.  i am learning 2d gaming myself, I need to build a bigger computer, I was wondering if anyone here might have some specs for hardware.  I know it's not programming related, but later I am gonna need more power as I build bigger games.  thanks a bunch!

Well if you're just doing 2D games you don't really need some powerful computer to do your work properly, not sure about 3D but I think a simple 600-700$ rig can pretty much do the work

• 2 weeks later...