[SOLVED] CreateScreenshotUsingRenderTarget with particles

ozRocker

Hi OzR! 

Particles-on-RTT... might be broken.  https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1WROZH#65

The little window in the lower left... is rt1 display, and massive rt1 experiments are in lines 46 - 95.

The primary line of concern:  81 - rt1.renderParticles = true;

I have no solutions, but now we have a playground to do demented experiments upon.  :) (ahem!)

19 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Hi OzR! 

Particles-on-RTT... might be broken.  https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1WROZH#65

The little window in the lower left... is rt1 display, and massive rt1 experiments are in lines 46 - 95.

The primary line of concern:  81 - rt1.renderParticles = true;

I have no solutions, but now we have a playground to do demented experiments upon.  :) (ahem!)

Nice!  That is the ultimate playground test

Thx.  I just merged two older demos... into a workable demo for us.  :)

Notice, I also "snuck-into" our forum posts... with my moderator's license, and changed the url's to #65. 

I wanted to rock the ship back and forth a bit... to show that all 4 of our render-target-textures... was live-steaming to their monitor windows.  (add some continuous movement)

I did a quick tour of RTT source code.  It's amazing.  The amount of coding work that was needed to honor particles, sprites, post-processes, stencilBuffers, etc... is astounding.  Friggin' geniuses!

Thank goodness JS has good circuit-breakers.  Otherwise, the JS in RTT source code... would surely be a fire hazard.   We would have VERY expensive framework insurance.  ;)

Somebody COULD put a highlightLayer or glowLayer on the ship, now, so we can check if post-processes are being rendered on RTT's.  LensFlares, shadows, blurs, there's bunches of post-process things to torture.  :) Somebody should check sprites, too.  Knowing if THOSE are ALSO failing/not, might help the code troubleshooters.

6 hours ago, Deltakosh said:

Yep this is a new feature of 4.0: You can now render particles inside RTT :)

Does that mean particles will eventually show up when I use CreateScreenshotUsingRenderTarget?  I tried with v4.0.0 alpha-7 but its not there yet.

• ozRocker changed the title to [SOLVED] CreateScreenshotUsingRenderTarget with particles

By "placeholder", do you mean the PS emitter mesh?  PS emitters CAN be a vector3, and need not be a mesh.  Emitbox settings still work fine, so a "shape" of particle emission can still be used.  Need particles to evenly-emit along a long rectangle?  Can do, even with a vector3 POINT as the emitter.  *shrug*

Not sure if useful for you/this... just thought I'd remind of a cool feature.  Be well.  Good to hear about your success.