Gala-Tap

clowdperson

Hey guys, I'm new here. In conjunction with archived posts from this website, Emanuele Feronato's tutorials, and the Phaser 3 examples, I was able to create this game. So I figured I'd show you guys what I came up with for my first HTML5 game.

gameplay-1.png.828d5f8d21e2dc58e9d0e33a8d821448.pngmain-menu.png.6aa1b1a5e475fc2e7db4c8244d2867de.png

Play here: https://www.galatap.com

Gala-Tap is a simple yet challenging game made for mobile devices. The goal is to destroy all of the blocks before they reach the top of the screen. Right now its just a web app for mobile devices but I'm working on a native mobile port. I made it using Phaser 3 and its written mainly in TypeScript. It also communicates with a MySQL database with PHP to obtaion the leaderboard information, and jQuery to display it, shown below:

leaderboard-global.png.195e7b5dda020b8b908044cf4658b0ac.pngleaderboard-friends.png.cdb5a085dcf2c368c7692c76f48300db.png

Each game you play, you gain experience, and as you level up you unlock new powerups--like the blue nuke--or the likeliness of a certain power-up would increase.

unlock-tree-1.png.5bb18debd55155111e5c3e3f63a25885.pnglevelup.png.c72e18eb94476812b1fd3ee25e504dc1.png

I monetized the game with LeadBolt and though I'm sure it wasn't the best option for advertising networks out there, it definitely was the easiest to integrate into this game without the ads being TOO obnoxious.

This is my first game I've made with Phaser 3. Previously I developed games with Java and LWJGL, but just recently I switched to web technologies because I enjoy how cross-platform they are.  I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think! ?