ParticleContainer & Particle blendModes

Jonny Shaw

23 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/blob/v4.x/src/particles/webgl/ParticleRenderer.js#L150

It works, but you have to specify one blendMode for all container, individual sprite blendModes are not important.

Brilliant thanks!  Guess that's what I must have been doing previously.

One thing with this effect though is I have two emitters, a fire and smoke effect, whereby only the fire needs add, so it wouldn't work in this case.

So do you think it would be better to have 2 particlecontainers with just the fire particlecontainer set to add or...

just use one normal container for both?

Yeah, its possible but it requires some knowledge, and I wont make all the code for you because I don't need that functionality. If you succeed, then maybe i'll make PR to add that feature to pixi v5 :)

To use ADD at the same time as NORMAL, you have to either

1. bake alpha=0 to the texture (hard way)

2. change "tint" handling in ParticleRenderer that way it sets tint alpha to zero but leaves colors not changed.

12 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

that's awesome thanks Ivan, will take a look at trying that out once this project is done, but might have to hold on for that one as I'm a bit behind already.

For the moment I can either have 1 normal container for both emitters, or use 2 particle containers for each with one set to add.  For now any idea on which of the two options may give better performance?