About HTML 5 developement with Phaser

Jandeilson

Hello people!

I'm very new to developing with HTML 5 and all that ... so I wanted your help regarding a doubt.

About using Visual Studio, I really need to use it to create a good game in HTML5 with the Phaser? Understand web development, so it's easier for me to just programming by a text editor like Notepad + + or Sublime Text. I want to develop without Visual Studio, it is possible without too many complications? Incidentally, I do not know much about Visual Studio.

Thank you!

@Jandeilson

When I first started looking into phaser dev I made the same mistake. I actually spent 3 days trying to get everything set up using typescript. I read a fairly complex tutorial using grunt and vs and all sorts of other stuff I had no clue about. Soon as I spoke to Rich on twitter I was soon sent in the right direction.

My set up:

Sublime text 2 with a few plugins. Mainly:

Better javascript and a code completion one for open files.

Used to use WAMP server but found node-webkit a huge offering of much better use. Has a chrome like console for debug and performs at a much better speed.

Basically its much more simple than you'd believe it to be. I feel your pain having went through the same stuff myself. Find an editor you feel comfortablr with and use it. I felt lost when I left my beloved flash develop but adaption to sublime has been easy. Hope this is helpful and you get up and running soon :)