What should I do when FBInstant ad "NO FILL" error shows

ThuraOo

I'm developing a messenger game using latest FBInstant SDK and when I try to show ads, most of the time, the loadAsync() returns "no fill" error. I'm testing with my friend's account and other games successfully display ads while my game always get "no fill" error. I've chosen "Accept Any Price" setting for my ad placements in my fb dev acc settings. My questions are

1. Why is my game always ( or most of the time ) getting "no fill" error while other games are successfully displaying ads with the same account? Is it because it is not released yet?

2. What should I do when I get the "no fill" error when loadAsync()? I've load the ad with the same id again and again but it results in "no fill" 20 times in a row. sometimes never filled. When I try to get a new ad instance everytime the ad fails to load, it end up calling 3 new ad instances and get the error "too many requests". Can anyone pls explain me what you do after getting the "no fill" error

thanks.

Hi @ThuraOo,

1. "NO FILL" basically means that there is not ads to be served to that user (you in your example) at the moment. It could also mean that you did not configure Audience Network properly. You might want to check this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49398135/how-to-test-rewardvideo-in-facebook-instant-game

2. Here is an answer we gave on the developer community (https://www.facebook.com/groups/instantgamedevelopers/permalink/942518002611026/?

There can be up to 3 outstanding interstitial ad instances at any time. An ad instance is outstanding if:
1. loadAsync() resolves but showAsync() has not been called. In this case, call showAsync(), and the ad instance will be freed up after showAsync(
) resolves. Once it frees up, a new ad instance can be created.
2. loadAsync() rejects. This is usually due to no-fill. In this case, reuse the same ad instance and call loadAsync() again. loadAsync() can be called up to 3 times on the same instance. If all 3 times returned no-fill, it is unlikely we will have ads for that user with in the same session anyway.