if(user_cubes[i][0]!==undefined){
                console.log("remove_cubes -> user_cubes[i][0] !== undefined");
                console.log(user_cubes[i][0]);
                app.stage.removeChild(user_cubes[i][0]);
            }

prints:

remove_cubes -> user_cubes[0] !== undefined

and the next object:

e {_events: n, _eventsCount: 0, tempDisplayObjectParent: null, transform: e, alpha: 1, …}

which is seems tobe a pixi object, and when written in console the object is deleted.

i don't expect to get a solution, considering this is just a sample from the long code, but if one of you has an idea what the problem can be it could help a lot.

Hello, and

Welcome to the forums!

My answer will be very short: what do you expect here? that console shows null? That object will be empty? "removeChild" just removes this particular container from another container childs list, and maybe modifies a few variables related to that.

If you want clear object fields, call destroy() on it, it will also call removeChild. If you want to get rid of object from javascript memory, well, you have to read have JS GC works, that's a bigger topic.

Edited by ivan.popelyshev

5 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

Hello, and

Welcome to the forums!

My answer will be very short: what do you expect here? that console shows null? That object will be empty? "removeChild" just removes this particular container from another container childs list, and maybe modifies a few variables related to that.

If you want clear object fields, call destroy() on it, it will also call removeChild. If you want to get rid of object from javascript memory, well, you have to read have JS GC works, that's a bigger topic.

I expected the visual propety to be deleted, removed from the stage.

the cube object exist on the board and when I normally use this command it works fine.

later in the code I discard the object and I let the garbage collector "do it's thing":

user_cubes[i].pop();
user_cubes[i].pop();

and thanks for the nice greeting into the forums, I am glad to have a place to consult about my PIXI development problems

Edited by IH121

5 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

I expected the visual propety to be deleted, removed from the stage.

Sorry, I dont understand you. Is it visible on screen? Are you sure its child of stage and not a grandchild?

yes it's visable on the screen, and I am sure it's not the grandchild becuase I was able to remove it using the chrome console.

It should work, I have no idea what is wrong there.

Place a breakpoint  in that place and see if removeChild affects children array.

If you are too tired to debug , then reduce a demo to minimal lines of code and post it on codepen/jsfiddle/pixi-playground.

Edited by ivan.popelyshev

37 minutes ago, ivan.popelyshev said:

It should work, I have no idea what is wrong there.

Place a breakpoint  in that place and see if removeChild affects children array.

If you are too tired to debug , then reduce a demo to minimal lines of code and post it on codepen/jsfiddle/pixi-playground.

I'll try to to reduce the number of lines, I never quite captured the idea of the chrome debugger. but before I do, your suggestion gave me an idea, I might try to examine the stage property.