Brand New

amandatee

Hi, I'm Amanda and I really want to build my own HTML5 game.  I'm a speech therapist by trade, and I have been creating games for kids using a type of interactive PDF format.  I also used to use HTML to make Neopets guild pages lol.  So please don't laugh at me, but you're welcome to.  I would give you my whole life story, but this isn't a food blog.  I just really want to know the following:

1.  What is your favorite interface(?) for creating HTML5 games?

2.  What do you think is the EASIEST way to make HTML5 games (like Construct 3)?

3.  Would these formats allow for RPG games where you can add text?  

Ugh I have literally no experience, but that's why I'm here.  Please help!  

Hi, there are lot of game frameworks you can find, good once are Phaser, Melon etc but if your are not much experienced with the coding it would be better to go with something like Construct or game maker. Whichever way you choose invest some time in understanding the tool first, and yes mostly all game framework/engine support adding texts.

On 11/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, amandatee said:

Hi, I'm Amanda and I really want to build my own HTML5 game.  I'm a speech therapist by trade, and I have been creating games for kids using a type of interactive PDF format.  I also used to use HTML to make Neopets guild pages lol.  So please don't laugh at me, but you're welcome to.  I would give you my whole life story, but this isn't a food blog.  I just really want to know the following:

1.  What is your favorite interface(?) for creating HTML5 games?

2.  What do you think is the EASIEST way to make HTML5 games (like Construct 3)?

3.  Would these formats allow for RPG games where you can add text?  

Ugh I have literally no experience, but that's why I'm here.  Please help!  

1) When you say interface I assuming you're asking about IDEs/Game Engines? I don't have one at the moment but I do use the Phaser library!

2) I'd probably say RPG Maker.  I've never used it but if I recall it's HTML5 now and if it's anything like it used to be in the early 2000s it's by far the easiest to create HTML5 games with.  The trade off is less flexibility!

3) Yes, any HTML5 game can have user input text, these games are on web pages after all!  It's a matter of what kind of game you have, why users need to input text, and the risks associated with a particle method of your choice.