render skipUpdateTransform confusing

simpleyuji

I'm confused on how to use app.renderer.render(displayObject, renderTexture, clear, transform, skipUpdateTransform) properly. I have a case wherein when i use skipUpdateTransform = false, the texture of the container is generated correctly, but the app.stage is frozen. This means when I try to focus the camera somewhere else on the stage by changing its x,y position (i.e app.stage.position.x = 100), it doesnt respond to it at all. I'm trying to reproduce it on a fiddle, but I havent been able to reproduce it yet. The fiddle i have below is one where rendertexture is generated properly using skipUpdateTransform false, but the the stage is not freezing somehow. I'll try to create a fiddle that recreates my problem

https://jsfiddle.net/6ek7fo2p/9/

This means when I try to focus the camera somewhere else on the stage by changing its x,y position (i.e app.stage.position.x = 100), it doesnt respond to it at all. 

You removed updtaeTransform, now it doesnt work. What were you expecting?

skipUpdateTransform usually used when you are sure its already done or you supply "transform" to move camera. This is also under-developed way, in v4 and v5 i have no guarantee that it works with filters and masks. We are going to fix it in v6.

oh, its FALSE, sorry i misread. Yeah, its false by default. It should work. Usually i recommend people who use v4/v5 and not the latest dev just NOT to use generateTexture in those cases. Manually get localBounds, move element, create renderTexture, call renderer.render, e.t.c. , so you are in control of everything and can go through bugs. Because there were many bugs in those places. We still are not sure we found them all.

Thanks for demo, i can check it.. next week maybe, but anyway i'll post link to this thread in pixijs slack

Edited by ivan.popelyshev

Nope. I realized this only happens in canvas mode which version 5 doesnt support. In my original code, i changed forceCanvas to false, and it fixed the problem. I do have graphics.generateTexture being called in my code. Maybe that's the culprit like ivan has mentioned. I might try replacing my graphics generateTexture calls with manual renderer.render

In this specific example, https://jsfiddle.net/m7Lsynbj/3/ the generateTexture call freezes the stage and can no longer be moved.

Edited by simpleyuji