Javascript Game Engine

User1902

I once made a small engine in HTML, CSS and Javascript. Just as a hobby, since I have not been involved in Web technologies for a long time. Then I got busy with optimization, and I wondered what in general you can do in the browser. And what the performance will be.

6.png.d68ee5a7985ee6f59ee353ff7c4b88b4.png4.png.2ee07b516a9bb20d53b90334e7fff3ca.png

The result is a small engine with which you can make an isometric RPG like Diablo, Fallout or Commandos. And when I screwed on the grid and the pathfinding algorithm, I realized that you can quickly do both the strategy and the quest. In short, a game that was popular at the end of the 20th century.

5.png.f2d907899faa71e45659f497fb0bcdac.png1.png.8902a32b1ed07e22fb843affbf726bba.png

I didn't know how engines work at all. That is, I had no idea at all. Step by step, I realized that I needed a function such and such, then another. Then I realized that I needed a global cycle. Etc. As a result, I began to understand what some CSS properties are for, which I never even used. And I realized what properties the modern browser lacks. That is, it is rather interesting.

How do you like it? What does it look like? What do you think?

3.png.e2c6fe1a7887fff7df70325be6f47552.png7.png.ab3e6b0c7e70f81f7c2bb10c6931887f.png

If you're interested, here are a couple of links to the video:

I used all the images and materials in the engine only for testing technologies and for entertainment. Not for commercial gain.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 11:55 PM, FrancoisSoft said:

That is awesome! What you have done with web technology is amazing! I say keep it up and keep expanding. A small project can quickly become something big and amazing!

Thanks for the comment, great to hear.