Game Closure DevKit

end3r

This framework is just one of the many other tools for developing native mobile games, and sure not the best and mature one.

Moreover, the use of Javascript isn't obvious advantage over other devtools. Using of Javascript imho makes sense only if they could deploy games not only for native iOs and android, but also for mobile/ desktop browsers, and undoubtedly with decent performance.

I have to say I sort of agree with nem0ff. I've not used Game Closure because if I was to make a native mobile game I would certainly use something closer to the metal, there's such a massive choice for native games these days it feels strange to pick something with no docs/tutorials/examples unless it can work on desktop too (can they?)

You can build your games with Game Closure for mobile and desktop browsers too, iOS and Android are just some options from many available. I don't know why nemOff assumed that it's only for iOS/Android. Performance on mobile looks quite nice when you check the games built with it (Blob Blast, Kiwi Run).

Strange, I'm creating my game for mobile only and the builds are working fine... maybe I have earlier version or something. Thanks for the link though, I'll have to look closer into it to not have any surprises.

Yeah, now I agree with you guys - I just thought they are putting the same (or bigger) effort to have the game work on mobile browsers. That's why I was so excited about it, because the engine code looks good and clean.

I just thought they are putting the same (or bigger) effort to have the game work on mobile browsers. That's why I was so excited about it, because the engine code looks good and clean.

I think exactly alike.

I've been watching them for a long time, but don't see advance in that direction. :(