Need IAP or a database for your game?

iDev

Hi All!

In 2017 I told you all about my HTML5 games platform in this post: 

Well today I wanted to let you all know about some pretty exciting features that we have on the platform that you can utilise right now. If you read my previous post you will know that I have a goal that I have been working pretty hard at. Helping devs make more money from your games. So I first tried with external ads (which was terrible) which I then created our own ad network which has now become in game window ads. Which is great, much better then where we started but ads is a good starting point for earning money from your games but requires many game plays to be successful. 

The traditional format for being successful in game development is usually from selling your game. So recently I created a very exciting update where you can sell in game items or unlockables directly through paypal. When I say directly through paypal I mean straight into your account, I don't take a cut the entire transaction is yours minus paypal fees. Sounds exciting but I'm sure you're thinking how can I implement this into my game, through an SDK?

Now, this is the best part. It's entirely built into our platform. All you have to do is create your in game product on your games edit game page and the in game shop will appear in your games window. In your game all you need to make is an Ajax call (or equivalent) which should be possible in most game engines, to a URL specified for your product. If the user owns the product you will get a true response. If the user doesn't own the product you will get a false response. Each product purchase is linked to the users account which a user can login and register straight from your games window. So anyone can buy your in game products no matter where your game is embedded like your own website. 

If you want to find out more about how it all works, take a look at our docs here: https://play.idevgames.co.uk/docs/shop

Ok so being able to sell features etc in your game is great but now you need to take your game development to the next level. You need a way to allow your players to make an account for your game. Save stuff like a users items or their accounts level. To do any of this you will need a database. I wanted to not only give you the ability of a database for your game but also the ability to create it and design it however you want. So I decided to create game db, a web application for creating your own database in a drag and drop manner. If this sounds like something you'd like to play around with. Take a look at our docs which you can try it out in our editable examples: https://play.idevgames.co.uk/docs

We have so much more to offer on our platform which you should come and check out. All of it is free to use.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

-iDev

• 2 weeks later...