Error when upgrading to > [email protected] when creating spritesheet

Wolf.Train

Hi,

We are currently using the [email protected]. Our game is deployed to both android and iOS platforms so we use ASTC compressed textures with the pixi-compressed-textures plugin (https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-compressed-textures). I would like to upgrade to at least the latest minor version 5.3.12. However if I upgrade to even the next minor version 5.3.1 I get the following error:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'baseTexture')

It seems to be caused by the instanceof check failing for Texture and BaseTexture objects specifically when trying to create a new spritesheet. Is this caused by using the pixi-compressed-texture plugin? It looks like it hasn't been updated in some time. Is it no longer supported in later versions? Or is this perhaps a bug?

I also see there is a newer compressed-texture plugin https://www.npmjs.com/package/@pixi/compressed-textures? Is this now more integrated with pixi? Should I be looking to switch to this? And if so does it support ASTC?

I have also tried upgrading to [email protected] instead of legacy and it caused the same issue.

Any guidance on the correct upgrade path would be very welcome. Thanks.

Screenshot from 2022-04-12 16-37-46.png

Screenshot from 2022-04-12 16-41-52.png

Actually I figured this out. This was some kind of typings dependency hell issue. I uninstalled all the pixi packages using npm (including pixi.js-legacy, pixi-filters, pixi-viewport, pixi-compressed-textures) then reinstalled the updated version of [email protected] and then the same versions of the other packages. I'm guessing my package-lock file must have gotten messed up over time but it looks like a fresh uninstall and reinstall did the trick.