Ye olde Slope question

eloguvnah

Hey everyone! 

Just first want to say, when I heard about Phaser (being a big Flixel fan) I was STOKED and uber-excited and can't wait to get my hands dirty with it.

One of the only issues I had with Flixel was using slopes in a platformer. Is this addressed at all in Phaser?

At the risk of showing my game dev noobiness, does one have to use pixel detection collision or is there another way?

Thanks!

Out of interest, would it be 'Separating Axis Theorem' that you use for this? I'm making a simple platformer (much like the photon storm game Nutmeg) in AS3 and I've just been asked if i could add sloping platforms. A quick google brought up Separating Axis Theorem, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to figure out how to implement it in code as my maths is not quite up to the required level! Unless there is an example online I could read through that you know of on github or something like that?

Just dawned on me that a simpler way to do slopes is to just use a custom y-axis separation method that offsets your y proportionally to how far along you are horizontally. Seems like it should be a lot easier.