GM: Studio- Screen flashes when touched on Android

-AAG-

A sponsor came back to me with this issue today:

Your games work fine on iOS, but when I opened them on a motorola ZOOM android tablet, the games had a weird flash occur each time I would press anything for the games.  

I also tried it on a Samsung Galaxy phone, and the flash occurrence would happen in portrait mode, but not in landscape.

Any idea as to why this would happen, or if you have seen this before?

If you develop your games with GM: Studio and have had this problem before I would appreciate your input on this. I have tried the games on many devices and have never seen it happen.

I've seen this issue on Dolphin browser on a couple phones.  Haven't seen a way around it, but I haven't looked too much.  It sounds like what RIch is describing should work, as the default index.html file spit out by GM leaves many simple resizing/style things up to you.

I don't have the phone I've been having this problem with one me, but I think this should do it.  In your index.html file you should have something like this:

canvas {                      image-rendering: optimizeSpeed;                      -webkit-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor;                      margin: 0px;                      padding: 0px;                      border: 0px;            }

Just make that something like:

canvas {                      image-rendering: optimizeSpeed;                      -webkit-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor;                      user-select: none;                      -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgb(0, 0, 0, 0);                     -webkit-touch-callout: none;                     -webkit-user-select: none;                     -moz-user-select: none;                     -ms-user-select: none;                      margin: 0px;                      padding: 0px;                      border: 0px;            }

Let me know if that works!

It didn't work guys. I tried everything individually and then some combinations. My final code looked like this:

canvas {                      image-rendering: optimizeSpeed;                      -webkit-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor;                      user-select: none;                      -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);                     -webkit-touch-callout: none;                     -webkit-user-select: none;                     -moz-user-select: none;                     -ms-user-select: none;                      margin: 0px;                      padding: 0px;                      border: 0px;            } 

Flashiness continues. He is using a Motorola Zoom android version 4.0.4 for testing.

Any other ideas?

It's never worked for me when applied to the canvas element directly (as per your code above). I tend to just apply it to the whole lot (i.e. the block of CSS I posted above is bound to *, i.e. everything on the page).

It needs to go into the CSS section of your html page, or if you have all css in a file then put it into that.

Rich beat me to it.  I just applied it to every block and it works for me now.  Here's the code:

<style>                    body {                                     background: #000000;              color:#000000;              margin: 0px;              padding: 0px;              border: 0px;            }            canvas {                      image-rendering: optimizeSpeed;                      -webkit-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor;                      -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);                      margin: 0px;                      padding: 0px;                      border: 0px;            }            :-webkit-full-screen #canvas {            -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);                 width: 100%;                 height: 100%;            }            div.gm4html5_div_class            {            -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);              margin: 0px !important;              padding: 0px;              border: 0px;            }            /* START - Login Dialog Box */            div.gm4html5_login            {            -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);                 padding: 20px;                 position: absolute;                 border: solid 2px #000000;                 background-color: #404040;                 color:#00ff00;                 border-radius: 15px;                 box-shadow: #101010 20px 20px 40px;            }            div.gm4html5_cancel_button            {            -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);                 float: right;            }            div.gm4html5_login_button            {            -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);                 float: left;            }            div.gm4html5_login_header            {            -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);                 text-align: center;            }            /* END - Login Dialog Box */            :-webkit-full-screen {            -webkit-tap-highlight-color:rgba(0,0,0,0);               width: 100%;               height: 100%;            }        </style>

I see. So I'll just replace everything inside <style> with this then. You guys are too awesome, thank you very much!

BTW: The sponsor I am working with is Toon Goggles and the guy doing the testing is Jordan Warkol, he is being super patient and cool about the whole thing even thou I have made him test the same game around 6-7 times without any good results. Hopefully this will do it. 

• 2 months later...