Different FPS between Chrome and Firefox

amerkoleci

Hi,

I have tried with some babylon.js demos and everything seems to be all right.

Sometimes FPS fall down to 50, but it rises to 60 immediately.

Is it possible for you to make an exemple that we can try ? Like a jsFiddle, thus we can compare with your result.

Thanks.

This is the code i'm using:

// Get the Canvas element from our HTML belowvar canvas = document.getElementById("renderCanvas");// Load BABYLON 3D engine and set the root directoryvar engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);//Create a new scene with a camera (mandatory), a light (better) and a sphere (to see the origin)var scene = new BABYLON.Scene(engine);scene.ambientColor = new BABYLON.Color3(1, 1, 1);// Creating a camera looking to the zero point (0,0,0)var camera = new BABYLON.ArcRotateCamera("MainCamera", 1, 0.8, 10, new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0), scene);//var camera = new BABYLON.FreeCamera("MainCamera", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 5, -20), scene);// Creating a omnidirectional lightvar light0 = new BABYLON.DirectionalLight("Omni", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, -1, 0), scene);var material = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial("Mat1", scene);var box = BABYLON.Mesh.CreateBox("origin", 1, scene);material.diffuseTexture = new BABYLON.Texture("Assets/texture/10points.png", scene);material.emissiveColor = new BABYLON.Color3(1, 1, 1);box.material = material;// Attach the camera to the scenescene.activeCamera.attachControl(canvas);var objectCount = 0;for (var i = 0; i < 30; i++) {	for (var e = i; e < 30; e++) {		var clone = box.clone();		clone.position.x = (e - i * 0.5) * 1.01 + 7;		clone.position.y = 0.5 + i * 1.0;		clone.position.z = 3.0;	}}// Once the scene is loaded, just register a render loop to render itengine.runRenderLoop(function () {	scene.render();	window.document.title = BABYLON.Tools.GetFps().toFixed() + " fps , active=" + scene._activeMeshes.length;});

I made a jsFiddle to find a solution, I cannot load any texture from the JSfiddle (and i haven't got your texture).

But FPS is always up to 60.

Could you please try your scene without your texture ? May be the problem comes from the texture (it's the only difference between our scenes).

I give you the JSFiddle if you want to try it by yourself.

http://jsfiddle.net/MaxenceBrasselet/22TFv/8/

Hope it can be helpful.

Hi,

Sorry but i have no idea for now.

Could you please give us the picture of your texture ? thus we can try to load it and look if FPS drop down.

You can also try with another texture file in order to try if the problem comes from your first texture.