(Delete)Any GM:S programmers about?

sn't that Golgo 13? I had that game!

Indeed it is! Imagery in that screenshot appears to be "borrowed" from according NES game, The Mafat Conspiracy: Golgo 13 II. Those are probably (hopefully?) temporary graphics, but I suppose that most people would rather not get into something violating intellectual properties of well-established studios.

Can i ask, why GameMaker? It is great, but is it for the easy export to native as well?

It's just a program that I own and have some familiarity with. I might be commissioning all the art and code, but I can throw things into GM to create movement demos, etc. if necessary.

Do you have another suggestion? I did consider asking Rich if his group would do it.

Indeed it is! Imagery in that screenshot appears to be "borrowed" from according NES game, The Mafat Conspiracy: Golgo 13 II. Those are probably (hopefully?) temporary graphics, but I suppose that most people would rather not get into something violating intellectual properties of well-established studios.

Good point! I reposted the image with original work.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have nothing against GameMaker, when i very first started making games, years ago, it was GameMaker i used :) it is great, i was just wondering why GameMaker, that all. I would talk to Matt though, he's the man for this job i think!

A huge advantage to game maker is that the production cycle is shortened drastically, and the game can also be easily exported to other platforms like iOS, Android, Windows 8, etc.  This brings in a lot more revenue over time.

Imagine creating a game for iOS, Android, Windows 8, HTML 5 and Mac in one month.  That's a lot of revenue sources, and if each month can be devoted to a game... it does add up.