Creating a sprite without adding it (and its body) to world (p2)

ZoomBox

Hello,

I would like to create a sprite (with a texture and a polygon body) without adding it to the world.

I know that without game.add.existing(myEnnemy); it will not be shown, but his body IS in the world (yeah that's strange).

Thank you :)

Edit: I would like a kind of SpriteFactory actually with the ability to create multiple instance of the same sprite.

Like this:

Ennemy = new Ennemy(x,y, key, body);var ennemy1 = Ennemy.createNew();var ennemy2 Ennemy.createNew();var ennemy3 Ennemy.createNew();

But it seems a bit complicated.

Rats, hit enter too soon.

game.make.sprite will create a Sprite and not add it to the world. If you want to give it a P2 body but not have the P2 body added to the physics world you currently have to do it like this:

var yourSprite = game.make.sprite(x, y, ...);yourSprite.exists = false;game.physics.p2.enable(yourSprite);

The 'exists' false will still give the sprite a body, but the body won't be added into the simulation.

This is far easier to wrap up when done in your own class.

Oh nice. Thank you.

Now the problem is that I don't want to make a sprite but a custom class that extends Sprite.

Edit: Oh, this second answer is quite making me happy. I already tried mySprite.exists = false; but noticed that the body was still in the world, I didn't know I should have done it BEFORE enabling physics (and it works like this).