Content Assist/Code Completion with Phaser

Noaml1

Hi, i'm fairly new to JavaScript and very new to Phaser. I'm coming from developing in Java which has amazing content assist (i get the method names, parameters and if available, the description of the method for every object etc) and im wondering if theres a way to set this up with Phaser? I'm using the Aptana IDE and not having any content assist makes things way more difficult.

Hi, i'm fairly new to JavaScript and very new to Phaser. I'm coming from developing in Java which has amazing content assist (i get the method names, parameters and if available, the description of the method for every object etc) and im wondering if theres a way to set this up with Phaser? I'm using the Aptana IDE and not having any content assist makes things way more difficult.

You can use webstorm .. or some ide code JS.. 

Any recent version of Visual Studio (even Express, which is free) has Intellisense for JavaScript. Simply put phaser.js (the non-minified version) into the project folder somewhere, and at the top of your working files add:

/// <reference path="phaser.js" />

Altering the path to the file if necessary. This will enable Intellisense code completion and also show documentation for methods and properties as you code. Very handy!