Bounce Back, my second game & level design question

morpbz

Hi all.

I just recently making games, and I like physics based games alot.

Here's the game, feedback is welcome and appreciated:

goo.gl/8e0raq

Basically, you bounce a bird back to it's nest (the light red circle)

You'll notice there aren't many levels. Actually, the first 3 levels are sort of the tutorial and only 2 'real' levels after them.

This is because I've encountered a problem with level design:

Since the game is physics based, each level has intricacies and surprises that I don't expect.

For example, in level 4, I meant the solution to be going around an obstacle, but there happened to be a better one, worth more points, which I liked, but sometimes I get surprises that make a level too easy.

That makes level design pretty difficult to me. Is anyone familiar with this problem ? I really wanted to make big, interesting levels with more elements in them, but it gets pretty difficult to design.

I would love to hear people's take on this.

post-8018-0-00908800-1401993180.png

This is because I've encountered a problem with level design:

Since the game is physics based, each level has intricacies and surprises that I don't expect.

For example, in level 4, I meant the solution to be going around an obstacle, but there happened to be a better one, worth more points, which I liked, but sometimes I get surprises that make a level too easy.

That makes level design pretty difficult to me. Is anyone familiar with this problem ? I really wanted to make big, interesting levels with more elements in them, but it gets pretty difficult to design.

I would love to hear people's take on this.

There no other way to do it. You must test it, a lot.

I also find that having a specific theme/challenge in each level will help you focus on that level structure better. 

Physic games that I find do level design really well is Cut the Rope and Badlands.